Second Edition of the Sustainable Development Awards Launched
The second edition of the Sustainable Development Awards was officially launched at a press conference in Windhoek on Friday, July 7th 2017.
Speaking at the event, Dr. Michael Humavindu of the Sustainable Development Advisory Council, outlined the main aims of the awards which are to raise awareness of the importance of sustainable development among all Namibians, to recognise and reward the outstanding contributions of organisations and individuals active in this field, and to inspire others to contribute to the sustainable development of the nation.
Dr. Humavindu called on both the private and public sectors as well as individuals to continue championing economic growth for the country that is environmentally and socially resonsible.
The categories of awards for the second edition are:
- Private Sector Champions for Sustainable Development with 3 sub-categories for start ups, Small and Medium Enterprises as well as established companies;
- Community level natural resource management and utilisation initiatives;
- Research and Development to reward outstanding pieces of research or innovations in the field of sustainable development;
- Pioneering journalism in the field of sustainable development, which will reward outstanding performance in the areas of best print media, best social media, best radio and best television; and
- Youth Action for Sustainable Development, which focuses on youth leadership and initiatives in the area of sustainable development.
This year, the organisers have brought on board sponsors with Nedbank Namibia, Namibia Media Holdings, the National Commission on Research, Science and Technology, AgriBank and the Embassy of Finland coming on board to sponsor prizes for the various categories.
Entry forms for the awards can be found at http://www.eifnamibia.com/index.php/downloads/documents/application-forms
Entries will close on 14th August 2017. Winners will be announced at a crowning event planned for 21 September 2017.
Further information is available from:
Lazarus Nafidi Tel: +264 61 431 7706, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryn Canniffe Tel: +264 61 284-2720 email@example.com