Sustainable Development Advisory Council and Environmental Investment Fund launch 3rd edition of the Sustainable Development Awards 2021
The 3rd Sustainable Development Awards were launched at a press conference on the 18th of March 2021 in Windhoek.
The awards are being held under the theme “Accelerating the green economy transformation as we recover from COVID-19.” This theme represents the challenges faced by the environmental sector due to COVID-19 and therefore will recognise all those that continue to be committed to the transformation of Namibia into a green economy and continuously ensuring sustainable development.
Speaking at the press conference, Ms. Hallo Angala, a member of the Sustsinable Development Advisory Council highighted that “ he third edition of the awards will therefore recognize institutions and individuals in all spheres that have integrated environmental, social, economic, and management aspects of sustainable development into their businesses and operations”.
The awards have 7 categories that are open to applicants:
- Private Sector Champions for Sustainable Development with 3 sub-categories for start-ups, Small and Medium Enterprises as well as established companies
- Community level natural resource management and utilization initiatives
- Research and Development in the field of sustainable development
- Youth Action for Sustainable Development
- Pioneering journalism in the field of sustainable development (print, tv and radio)
- Women and Environment
- Green Financial Services
This year’s awards are sponsored by FNB Namibia, BDO Namibia, Agricultural Bank of Namibia and Namibia Wildlife Resorts.
Entries close on Friday, 16 April 2021 at 13:00 PM. All applicants are urged to submit their applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
The crowning ceremony of winners is planned to take place on the 21st of May 2021.
Please find the link of the launch video https://youtu.be/cePd-9nI56o . Applications for the awards can be accessed from https://sustainable-development-awards.eif.org.na/form