Second Edition of the Sustainable Development Awards held in Windhoek
The winners of the second Sustainable Development Awards were announced at a gala event in Windhoek on 21st September 2017. The initiative was coordinated through the Sustainable Development Advisory Council, Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia and the Hanns Seidel Foundation Environmental Awareness and Climate Project.
The awards intend to recognise the importance of integrating sustainability into the core business and industry as well as the daily lives of our citizens. Over 90 nominations and applications were received overall.
The Sustainable Development Advisory Council would like to warmly congratulate the following winners in each category:
- Best SME: Desert Secrets (Natural Body Care product)
- Best Established Company: Rent-A-Drum
- Best Eco Entrepreneur among Business Start-Ups: Qora Trading
- Natural Resource Management and Utilisation: Namibia Future Farming Trust
- Research and Development: Department of Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences , Namibia University of Science and Technology
- Youth Action for Sustainable Development: Young Achievers Empowerment Project
- Pioneering Journalism in the field of Sustainable Development: Absalom Shigwedha (Print), Kirsty Watermeyer (Radio), Gondwana (Social Media), Blanche Goreses (Television)
To all the entrants, we thank you for your entries and encourage you to continue striving for the sustainable development of our country.